Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bad guys

Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.

         
         


I read headlines about cruelty,
about mean-spirited people
         … and I want to be mean to them...
                  and I know I've lost.



I hear about bigots
who want to spread fear
         … and fear rises in me...
                  and I plead for mercy.



The world is full of bad guys
and I am one of them.
         What matters is
                  the direction my heart is facing.



We will not be saved
by extraordinary people
         but by regular bad guys
                  receiving and giving mercy.


         
         


Deep Blessings,
Pastor Steve

_______________________________
Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
Unfolding Light
www.unfoldinglight.net

No comments:

Post a Comment