Thursday, October 6, 2011

Prayer for compoassion

Loving One,
I open my heart to you,
a window open to the morning sun,
and you flood me with your gentle compassion.

You love me when I am in harmony with you
and when I am not.
You accompany me in easy times and hard.
And you have created me to love:
not to be pleased, or to get my way, or to be right,
but to love all beings with your love.

Grant me your steadiness,
to care most that I love, not that I be satisfied.
May I shine with compassion all this day,
extending loving kindness to all,
to those who are pleasant and those who are not,
in ease and difficulty,
free of judging,
desiring only to love all beings
with your unflappable love.

Amen.



__________________
Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
Unfolding Light
www.unfoldinglight.net

No comments:

Post a Comment