Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Here

Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.
         
         
I'm not in these woods to get anywhere
but to be here,
to lay my eyes on these trees
softly changing
radiant with the mystery
that's going on inside,
to let leaves fall on me,
to be one of the creatures here,
to stop thinking that I see
and start seeing,
let my mind go fritter with the squirrels,
let them all go,
and not ponder being here but simply
be here.

I could sit by the sea for hours,
sit on a sandstone bluff overlooking the desert,
sit on a mountain crag
without needing to communicate or accomplish
or understand or be elsewhere,
but just to be there.

So I am with God:
not to say anything,
or think something,
to apprehend or convey anything,
but purely to be here,
in this now,
in this here,
in this God.

I could sit here for hours,
even in these few minutes,
and all day long I have leaves in my hair.

         
         
Deep Blessings,
Pastor Steve

__________________
Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
Unfolding Light
www.unfoldinglight.net

1 comment:

  1. Steve,
    I look for your posts daily and I must tell you they speak to me in volumes. I spend a lot of time in nature and I see and feel God's presence in all things.

    Thank you for putting in to words what I see and feel every day.
    Blessings,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete