Tuesday, June 29, 2010

In the beginning

Dearly Beloved,


Grace and Peace to you.





Spirit, you hover over my water.
In morning darkness you breathe in


and the Word is gathered
from before time.


I am gathered from the universe.
I am made of your desire.


You breathe out and I become myself,
spoken into this day.


Like mist lifting off the silver river
I rise into your morning,


my purpose always, like the sun
ascending, just now disclosed.


The curtain parts, the sky opens.
The world is blank and beckoning.


Naked, unsolved, still condensing,
I get up from my umbilical prayers.


Can I let this beginning unfold
each moment today, each moment?


An egret swims up through the silence
above the water.







Deep Blessings,

Pastor Steve



_______________________________

Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
unfoldinglight@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment