Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthing day

Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.


Creating God,
make of this a birth-day,
a day of new beginnings,
day of the first Word,
before all sin or being forgiven,
new as all light,
rising dawn.

On this day, life-giving God,
birth me; set me in this world
to become more perfectly myself,
more fully who you create me to be,
an opening rose.

Make this day a day of birthing,
bringing to life
what you have sown
and woven within me,
letting it into the world,
unfolding light.

May it be as a dying-day,
released from all that was
into the coming world,
a word finally spoken.

Re-creating God,
let there be light,
and let me begin,
a newborn child.


____________________

Weather Report

Dawn,
always,
even in fading light,
as each moment in turn
becomes the first.



Deep Blessings,
Pastor Steve


_______________________________
Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
unfoldinglight@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment