Friday, November 18, 2011

Prayer to my sovereign

Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.


God has raised Christ from the dead and seated him at God's right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come, and has put all things under his feet.
—Ephesians 1. 20-22


Merciful Sovereign, Mighty Lover,
you are ruler of the universe.
You hold all Creation in your care;
you reign in glory from among the poor.
All this world's evil, powerful as it seems,
strains under your feet.

You who are sovereign of all things,
be the tender ruler of my heart.
I surrender myself to your grace.
I am utterly subject to your gentleness,
obedient to your forgiveness and your delight.
I am at the mercy of the resurrecting power
that you stir up in me.
Your grace overthrows my will;
your presence overpowers my doubt;
your joy subdues my fear.
As darkness is powerless against the light,
I am defenseless against your love.

I am not my own Emperor. My life is yours.
You conquer all that would enslave me,
and you alone set me free.
Therefore I submit myself,
my attachments and addictions
my insistence and refusals, to your control.
Save me from my private kingdom,
and restore me to your loving Realm.
May I be obedient today to your sovereignty,
my desires subservient to your grace,
and all grasping banished by your loveliness.
Trusting in your unconquerable tenderness
that rules the world,
your grace that subdues the nations,
I submit myself to your delight
and devote myself to your service.
All-loving One, I bow to you.
Your will be done.
Rule my heart, and make of my life
your heavenly Realm.




Deep Blessings,
Pastor Steve

__________________
Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
Unfolding Light
www.unfoldinglight.net

No comments:

Post a Comment