Friday, August 26, 2011

I AM

Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.


Deep in the wilderness and then beyond, God appeared to Moses in a bush radiant with presence. God said, “I will send you to Pharaoh to bring my people out of Egypt.” Moses said, “Who am I, that I should do this?” and God said, “I will be there for you.”

“If I come to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' what shall I say to them?" And there was silence, a long, deep silence. Moses knew that knowing someone's name gave you power over them—a “handle” to give you a grip on them. But there was only silence.

Moses stood in the silence, on that holy ground, and wondered. What is this silence? Who is this God? And the silence said a hundred thousand million things, which were only one thing.

Ayeh ahser ayeh.

I am I who am.

I am the One Who Is.

I do not have a name; I just AM.

I am an “I.”

I am Being itself.

I am the Being who makes all things be.

I be. I be who I be.

I will be. I will be who I am.

I will be there for you.

I am the Present One.

And all his days, Moses knew God as the Presence who was there for him; and always on Moses' lips was his one prayer: “You Are.”





Deep Blessings,
Pastor Steve

__________________
Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
Unfolding Light
www.unfoldinglight.net


No comments:

Post a Comment