Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tryst

Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.
         
         

Awake at night, in covering darkness,
held unfaithfully by sleep,
I stirred. I became incomplete.

I was helpless: in love,
unable to resist.
I rose and crept out into the dark.

Guided by the faintest light I sought you,
and found you and fell into your arms,
and you wrapped yourself around me,

your arms the arms of dawn,
your legs the shining hills of earth,
your hair the radiance of sun.

You enveloped me in light,
and we lay together in the clear day,
for all to see.

Why, then, time after time,
am I still ashamed, as if it is a secret,
that we love each other so?



         
         
Deep Blessings,
Pastor Steve

______________________
Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
Unfolding Light
www.unfoldinglight.net

No comments:

Post a Comment