Friday, March 5, 2010

Isaiah 55.1-11



Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.




Listen. Are you thirsty?
Come.
What are the guts of your soul starving for?
Here. Eat. It's good.
Why spend yourself for junk,
for wrapping without food?
Listen: here is a Word you can feast on,
something you can chew on forever.
The Word is: Listen.
Just keep listening and you'll live.
The Holy One says, “I listen to you
like the moon listens to the earth.
I promise myself.
I've wed myself to you for generations.”
There is a royal part of your heart that knows,
that shines with regal splendor.
People won't know why they are drawn to that light.
(Because: the Beloved is in you!)
Seek the Present One in this moment,
not in some wish or regret.
She is here. Call to her and listen.
Let go of your life-pinching ways,
your fearful thoughts.
Turn instead to the Delightful One,
who will only be gentle with you,
who will forgive, and bless, and delight you
way more than ought to be possible.
(Of course this sounds strange.
Can you put your hand around the moon?
No, nor your thoughts around God.)
Loving Mystery says:
“Your thoughts can't get at me.
Your ways won't lead to me.
This is a different way of thinking,
a different way of being.
Let my ways transform yours, my thoughts yours.
Rain and snow fall, and don't turn around half way.
They water the earth and make it green,
bringing out seed for the sower and bread for the eater.
So is my love that rains from my heart.
It doesn't turn around half way.
It fulfills its purpose.
In it, everything is completed.
Here.”




Deep Blessings,
Pastor Steve


_______________________________

Copyright © Steve Garnaas-Holmes
unfoldinglight@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment